Thursday, December 8, 2016

PrimFilm 1800u slide and film scanner

Since Windows 8 my PrimFilm 1800u slide and film scanner will not work. Apparently the PrimFilm driver is not certified by Microsoft and neither PrimFilm nor Microsoft care. I did finally find a workaround fortunately.

 I followed the instructions on the youtube video named "How to install unsigned drivers on Windows 10 - By TotallydubbedHD". (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StkR3D2d5WI) I used the old driver "SF_Eng_1.3".
I followed my handwritten instructions below which are real rough -

Windows key + I
Get charms bar.
left click on power
   shift - reset
Get Troublelshoot screen
   advance
   startup settings
   restart
  Press 7
Go to device Manager
       find scanner
      double click
       right click
       brows
        find driver
       Get red message not digitally assigned
       ok
Reboot

After this Windows 10 worked fine with the scanner. It has been a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment