Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sofa repair

As we moved the sofa this morning for the annual cleaning underneath we noticed the right arm seemed loose. We turned this huge, heavy sofa over and observed the arm's wood framing was broken!

Notice the top piece is suppose to be 2 inches to the left with the top piece set into the notch. Staples are all loose.

I was able to fully disconnect this piece except for the fabric, which will allow me to get more glue into the joint. I cut off all the staples.

I found some two and a half inch wood screws and was able to grind off one quarter inch which with the half inch wood spacer made all fit perfectly.

Looks like the repair may work!

Probably stronger than new. (It is a Lane sofa.)

No comments:

Post a Comment